Daniel Doda represents clients in all stages of civil litigation in both state and federal courts and has obtained successful and economic outcomes for his clients. In a less adversarial role, Daniel represents clients in all estate planning matters, and probate and trust administration.
Daniel regularly represents clients in sophisticated and complex commercial and business litigation and contract disputes. He also represents clients in litigation involving commercial and residential construction disputes, construction defect claims, mechanic’s lien foreclosures, and payment bonds. His years of litigation experience in this complex area of law gives Daniel’s clients a competitive edge that have led to favorable settlements, court judgments and jury verdicts, including awards for attorney’s fees, in his clients’ favor. Daniel also represents clients in probate and trust litigation, including probate disputes, creditor claims, will contests, trust disputes and antenuptial agreements.
Daniel also has delivered for his clients in the appeals process as a forceful appellate advocate.
Estate Planning and Probate.
Daniel also advises his clients on estate planning matters, including wills, trusts, power of attorney, and health care directives. Daniel helps his estate planning clients attain their goals, whether that is reducing or eliminating an estate tax or avoiding probate, through the smart implementation of credit shelter trusts, revocable living trusts, transfer on death deeds, and other legal tools. He also regularly represents clients in probate matters in the administration of a decedent’s estate, and handles guardianships and conservatorship proceedings.
If will, probate or trust disputes arise, Daniel is equipped with the necessary trial skills, to represent family members, heirs, beneficiaries, and fiduciaries in claims involving probate and trust administration, as well as issues regarding incapacity, undue influence and breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Wisconsin
- J.D. William Mitchell College of Law (formerly William Mitchell College of Law), 2002
- B.S. University of North Dakota, 1988
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Probate and Trust Law Section, Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Civil Litigation Section, Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association
Community and Activities
- Daniel and his wife are members of and regular attenders at Calvary Evangelical Free Church of Rochester, MN.
- Daniel has served as a director on the Board of Directors for Camp Victory Ministries, Inc., and on the Board of Directors for Rochester Active Sports Club.
- He regularly provides pro bono services to local nonprofit corporations, such as Schaeffer Academy, Rochester, MN, and Network for Life Rochester.
- Away from the office, Daniel enjoys spending time with his family at their north woods cabin located on Lake Superior, where you may find him sea kayaking on Lake Superior, or relaxing in their Finnish woodburning sauna. He also enjoys cycling and Nordic skiing.