Meticulous Probate Administration And Effective Will Litigation
When a loved one dies, the last thing anyone wants is to get bogged down in legal questions. That’s one of the benefits of working with a skilled probate administration attorney like Daniel Doda of Rochester.
We work with executors, administrators, personal representatives and heirs, taking action to successfully close the loved one’s estate. A primary task is paying debts before distributing assets to heirs. This means:
- Searching the decedent’s personal papers to create a list of potential creditors
- Examining the decedent’s bank accounts for recurring payments that may indicate an existing debt
- Learning the status of the decedent’s active credit card accounts
- Contacting parties that provided medical care or assistance prior to the decedent’s death
Steady Probate Administration For Southeastern Minnesota
Lawyer Daniel Doda works behind the scenes to ensure that the probate process proceeds in the background, as the family adjusts to its loss. It is usually best not to trust this work to your family attorney. Probate paperwork is complex, and the list of tasks to be completed is long. We are known for the care with which we complete these tasks, avoiding delays.
Daniel Doda also assists with probate litigation and will contests. We work to resolve family disputes relating to:
- The transfer of farmland
- Breach of fiduciary duty by the executor
- Removal of fiduciaries
- Contested wills, often involving claims of undue influence
- Challenges to fees
- Improper actions by agents under power of attorney
Disagreements do arise over wills, and it is better to resolve them legally than have them fester over the years. If you have questions about probate administration or disputes over wills, direct them to attorney Daniel Doda of Doda McGeeney. Phone him at 507-218-2399 or drop him a line using this email form.